Magnus Academy Sixth Form is focused on putting your future first. Each student has access to an individual careers plan and support throughout their time in Post-16 studies.
2019/2020 University Destinations and Courses
|Bishop Grosseteste University||Primary Education with QTS|
Psychology and Early Childhood Studies (2)
|University of Aberdeen||Mathematics, BSc|
Art History and Archaeology
|University of Nottingham||Adult Nursing|
|University of Lincoln||Computer Games Design (3)|
|University of Derby||Professional Policing|
|Aston University, Birmingham||Psychology and Sociology|
|London School of Economics||Mathematics and Economics|
|University of Bangor||Sociology and Criminology|
|University of Edinburgh||History|
We also have one student completing an apprenticeship in Electrical Engineering.
Seven students have gone into careers or voluntary work.
Our University Support Program
When do we start the UCAS Process?
- You will start the university application process at the beginning of Year 12
What support do we offer you?
- You will have access to an experience set of sixth form tutors who will support you through the application process
- You will have the use of our extensive range of resources
- You will have access to a unique website Unifrog, to help you search for universities, apprenticeships as well as materials to help your personal statement
- We schedule a university week for visits and university talks throughout the year.
- Our higher education advisors are experiences and you will be able to discuss your options through one to one meetings with them in each year.
- UCAS Reference – it is particularly important that students receive a reference that reflects them and their achievements and so we work closely with students from the outset. One-to-one interviews are central to the support we offer as the programme progresses. Most students will have many interviews to discuss their personal statement and choices.
Our parents of Year 12 and 13 students have a log in to Unifrog to help search for universities and apprenticeships which is a very helpful tool both students and parents can use.
- We schedule a University Preparation Evening in June of Year 12 for parents which involves a range of universities.
- We also start year 12 with an evening for parents and we share ideas about how you can help your son/daughter with their early preparation for university.
Student Grants and Bursary Applications
- The Medicspot Innovation Grant awards £500 to UK students going on to study a degree related to health, medicine, nursing or life sciences. Applications must be submitted online by 31 March each year. More information: medicspot.co.uk/grant
- At Magnus Academy Sixth Form, we use a service called Unifrog and you will receive a log in to allow you to use the site. It will help you find apprenticeships and universities. Students use it to also write their personal statement and we use it to write the UCAS reference and provide feedback for the Personal Statement.