2 Year Course to A Level
- Art (Fine Art)
- Business Studies
- Computer Science
- English Combined
- English Literature
- Core Maths (1 year)
- Further Maths
- Philosophy, Theology & Ethics
- Product Design
- Extended Project Qualification (EPQ)
BTEC Level 3 Vocational CoursesThe Extended Certificate is equivalent to 1 A Level and the Diploma is equivalent to 2 A Levels
- BTEC Applied Science
- BTEC Business Extended Certificate
- BTEC Child Play, Learning and Development Extended Certificate
- BTEC Criminology Extended Certificate
- BTEC Health & Social Care Extended Certificate
- BTEC Performing Arts Extended Certificate
- BTEC Sport Extended Certificate
- IMI Diploma in Light Motor Vehicle Maintenance and Repairs
From the time we receive your application, the Sixth Form team work in partnership with you to create a programme that will offer you the best in further education. Our aim is to ensure that you choose the right combinations of subjects that will best prepare you for entry to higher education or your chosen career. At Magnus Academy Sixth Form we strive to provide a varied curriculum which suits a range of academic abilities and interests. The curriculum has been built with your future in mind and course combinations have been based on feedback from universities and employers. The following pages of the prospectus outlines the curriculum, entry requirements and also a guide on how to choose the right courses for you.
Choosing the right courses for you
The process of choosing A Levels and Level 3 courses is an important one as this is the start of your journey to your chosen future career. We would like to make sure that the journey plan you choose to take at Magnus Academy Sixth Form provides the correct foundation for whatever you are aiming to do.
The guide below will help you make an informed decision about your A Level and Level 3 choices.