Our Multi-Sports Academy programme offers students more choice to further their education and allows them to remain on home ground. Through the programme students will become more confident, respectful and considered young people, who aim to set high standards within education and sport creating an aspirational pathway for others. For those with a love for the ‘game’, it will provide an outlet in which to develop their understanding and skill through enjoyment and achievement.
- Available to male and female students aged 16 – 18 years
- Study a BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma
- Chose to specialise with professional coaching in either Football, Rugby, Netball, Rowing or Boxing
- 2-years, full-time
The full programme includes of a combination of academic studies, theoretical training, practical sports coaching, and additional enrichment courses that include employability and opportunities for RFU, FA, England Netball ans Sports Leaders UK accredited sporting qualifications including coaching and refereeing.
TRAIN exclusively at local sports clubs with brand-new, first class facilities
LEARN from the best with industry qualified & former professional coaches
STUDY 10 hours per week at Magnus Church of England Academy, Newark
PLAY weekly competitive league matches with other clubs and academies
GO PRO with RFU and FA certified qualifications such as coaching or refereeing
MEET sporting stars from the past and present with exclusive special events
GO FAR with connections to pro clubs, scholarships, universities and employers
NO FEES just bring your ‘A’ Game!
Education - Off the Pitch
- Study BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport
- Study A-Level qualifications (subject to demand)
- 10 hours per week in the classroom
- Equivalent to 3 A-Levels
The BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport gives a broad insight into the diversity of disciplines and careers available in sport and offers you the full spectrum of potential exit routes including university, scholarships, professional and semi-professional sports contracts, employment and apprenticeships.
To ensure students have a robust and holistic understanding and appreciation for Sport, they will be educated across a number of aspects of Sport including nutrition, physiology, psychology and anatomy.
Subjects covered on the programme include:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Sports Leadership
- Applied Fitness Testing
- Coaching for Performance
- Work Experience in Active Leisure
- Rules, Regulations and Officiating in Sport
The YCDS programme will also offer a range of popular A-Level courses from September 2021, including business, psychology, sociology, maths and more. These additional A-Levels will require students to meet entry requirements and will run subject to demand.
Coaching Programme - On the Pitch
To learn a sport, you have to play the sport!
Whether you choose Football, Rugby, Netball, Rowing or Boxing, you will be coached for 10 hours per week at state of the art facilities.
There is no substitute for hands-on experience, so you benefit from plenty of pitch action, be it as a player, a coach or a referee. From midweek match days to extra-curricular opportunities, you are not only taught skill and teamwork but dedication, responsibility and respect for other players, officials and themselves.
Sessions will focus on:
- Skill based training
- Strength & Conditioning – in the newly refurbished Magnus High Performance Centre!
- Analysis – training sessions and game play footage captured via drone
- Nutrition workshops
- Well-being workshops – access to world renowned sports psychologist Dr Gareth Lewis
- Entry into a competitive league with match fixtures against other Academies
- Guest speakers from former and current professional players and managers
- Individual player profiling and feedback
We hold regular taster sessions to give interested students the opportunity to hear more about the programme and experience the coaching first hand.
To book onto a taster session please email email@example.com