At Magnus Church of England Academy, we are committed to raising the aspirations of young people and are passionate about supporting them to fulfil their potential.
Vision: An excellent careers programme that provides the knowledge, skills, opportunities and support to ensure all students are successful and fulfil their career potential and ambition, regardless of background or starting point.
Our careers programme aims to enable students to:
- Understand how choice and attitudes influence career opportunities;
- Raise their aspirations and be encourages to fulfil their potential;
- Have an awareness of careers and opportunities inside and outside of Newark
Our current careers programme:
Careers Education is provided to students though:
- Tutor time – Each week students have a careers-focused tutor period.
- Subject Lessons– Information and discussions in with a subject specific focus to help you make decisions about careers based on subject knowledge and transferable skills.
- Drop Down Days – Through our PSHE curriculum, students cover a range of careers education topics. For more information, please see: https://www.magnusacademy.co.uk/our-curriculum/pshe-curriculum/
Information, Advice & Guidance is provided through:
- Unifrog – You have access to Unifrog, an award-winning careers platform: unifrog.org
- Results Service – On results day, we have both senior staff and a careers adviser available to discuss any issues relating to your next steps with you.
- Support from the senior team – all students in Year 11 and Year 13 will have a meeting with someone from the senior team to discuss their next steps with them. Details of these meetings are recorded on Unifrog and accessible to students.
- Qualified 1-2-1 Guidance – You also have access to a qualified careers advisor, who will provide confidential and impartial advice to students on the information they have received or to help guide students to make fully informed decisions. Details of these meetings are recorded on Unifrog and accessible to students.