Thank you again for all your support with the current situation around Coronavirus. The government have announced that schools across the UK will close end of day on Friday 20th March to all pupils except those of front line workers who do not have an alternative means of childcare and children who are classed as vulnerable. If your situation changes during the closure and you later require this provision you will be able to contact us on the main school number. Following the Prime Minister’s announcement on Sunday evening (24/05/20), we can confirm that the date when we will reopen for Y10 and Y12 will be June 15. Parents will be contacted with further information regarding the reopening.
Throughout this period of closure, we will send updates via text and via our social media as below:
The following links will enable you access the most up to date advice and guidance relating to the Coronavirus:
Below, you will find all letters which have been sent to all parents and carers via text, ClassCharts and email. There is the latest guidance concerning Coronavirus, our contingency plan for school closure, and information regarding the steps we have taken to ensure that our students can continue to learn while school is closed. There is also information about how to access Microsoft Office Teams for students.
Coronavirus Letters and Guidance
How GCSEs, AS and A Level qualifications will be awarded
The Government have published new information regarding how GCSEs, AS and A Levels will be awarded in Summer 2020. Below you will find a letter to students from Ofqual with a breakdown of how your qualifications will be awarded. There is also a link to gov.uk website where there is more information and guidance regarding qualifications.
Unifrog - Destinations Platform Information
Work for students
We have taken steps to ensure our students can continue to learn during the time school is closed. These are outlined below:
- Work will be available via our school website. Links to this will be made from Facebook and Twitter.
- Students are expected to work through all of their subjects through the duration of the week, independently in their knowledge organiser books.
- This will be checked upon their return to school.
Years 10 & 12
- Work will be set and marked via Microsoft Office Teams using this link: Portal.office.com
- All students have been given a tutorial in how to use this. Additional guidance is attached and will be available on our school website, Facebook page and Twitter.
- Students must access teams daily where their teachers will set and mark work and be available for support throughout the day.
- Students need to ensure all coursework is completed to the best of their ability as exam boards may use this to allocate grades.
- Year 11 students who are planning to return to Magnus in the sixth form will be provided with bridging work to support with this. Until then they can work through the materials in the revision packs provided. More information will follow when we have it.
- Students not planning to return in sixth form should use the time as preparation for post-16 studies. This could include writing CVs, maths and English and independent study relating to their next steps.
All students also have access to a knowledge organiser that details key knowledge for this half term and time would be well spent memorising and being tested on this core knowledge. These will be updated each half term and uploaded to the knowledge organiser page.
Resources - All Students
The following links provide useful education sites for students of all ages to support with home learning:
Resources - GCSE students
To support GCSE students with work at home below are a list of links to past GCSE exam papers they can access online. Students should use these papers and the associated mark schemes to revise for the summer exams.
AQA Level 1/Level 2 GCSE (9-1) in English Language
Pearson Edexcel Level 1/Level 2 GCSE (9-1) in English Literature
OCR Level 1/2 GCSE (9-1) in Mathematics
AQA Level 1/Level 2 GCSE (9-1) in Combined Science: Trilogy
OCR Level 1/2 GCSE (9-1) in Computer Science
AQA Level 1/Level 2 GCSE (9-1) in Geography
AQA Level 1/Level 2 GCSE (9-1) in History
AQA Level 1/Level 2 GCSE (9-1) in French
AQA Level 1/Level 2 GCSE (9-1) in Spanish
AQA Level 1 / Level 2 GCSE (9-1) in Polish
Pearson Edexcel Level 1/Level 2 GCSE (9-1) in Art and Design (Fine Art)
RSL Level 2 Certificate in Creative and Performing Arts – NA
AQA Level 1/Level 2 GCSE (9-1) in Design and Technology
AQA Level 1/Level 2 GCSE (9-1) in Religious Studies Specification A
IMI Level 2 Diploma in Service and Maintenance Engineering (VRQ)
Pearson BTEC Level 1/Level 2 First Award in Sport
Pearson BTEC Level 1/Level 2 First Award in Children’s Play, Learning and Development
Pearson Edexcel Level 1/Level 2 GCSE (9-1) in Business
Pearson Edexcel Level 1/Level 2 GCSE (9-1) in Music
WJEC Level 1/2 Vocational Award in Hospitality and Catering (Specification A)
Pearson Edexcel Level 1/Level 2 GCSE (9-1) in Statistics
Resources - A Level students
AQA Level 3 Mathematical Studies Option A
AQA A Level D & T: Product Design
AQA A Level English Language and Literature
OCR A Level Computer Science
WJEC/EDUQAS A Level Religious Studies
EDEXCEL BTEC Health & Social Care
EDEXCEL BTEC Children’s Play, Learning & Development