Diocesan Multi Academy Trust
The Diocese of Southwell was founded in 1884. It covers 847 square miles including the whole of Nottinghamshire and some parts of South Yorkshire. The Diocese includes the city of Nottingham and many former coalfield communities and it changed its name to The Diocese of Southwell and Nottingham at the end of 2005.
The Diocese of Southwell and Nottingham Multi Academy Trust is committed to securing excellence in its schools and academies by supporting them as they develop an ethos and learning environment based on Christian values and principles. It works with its schools to enable them to offer high quality education to pupils of all faiths and none.
The Directors of the Trust are;
- Canon Philip Blinston (Chair)
- Chris Moodie (Chief Executive)
- Hilary Craik
- Roger Periam
- Ian Griffiths
- Angela Pae
- Claire Meese (Diocesan Director of Education)
- John Hunter
The MAT Business Manager is Mrs Sarah Perry; Telephone 07736 286056, email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Trust’s aims are;
- To express, both explicitly and implicitly, core Christian values such as responsibility, acceptance, truth and justice throughout our schools and academies and for these to be reflected in all aspects of the curriculum offered.
- To focus on the academic development of pupils with particular reference to Communication, Literacy, Numeracy and ICT skills within a curriculum framework that also pays close attention to the personal development of pupils, their leadership and organisational skills, their understanding of citizenship, community involvement and forming a constructive relationship with the world of work.
- To develop pupil’s abilities to make informed choices, solve problems and make decisions.
- To encourage a holistic approach to the development of pupils believing that each person is an individual made in the image of God, and should therefore be supported to reach their full potential by receiving the very best education possible.
- To ensure that all pupils succeed and thrive in school by raising aspirations and tackling disadvantage.
- To provide strong support for operational needs to enable headteachers and their staff to focus on teaching and learning.
Trustees report and financial statements
Trustees report and financial statements are available to view below:
All SNMAT financial reports can be found on the Diocese of Southwell and Nottingham website.